Energy IN TIME will be validated at existing non-residential buildings in different Europe locations with different climates. The demonstration sites consist of four buildings with different typologies and building uses, including an airport, offices and test labs, a commercial and office building, and a hotel. The variety of scenarios will serve as a “proof of concept” of the Energy IN TIME solution, in terms of validity and adaptability to different typologies, climate conditions and users behaviour.
Airport – FARO (PORTUGAL)
- Area: 41.000 m2; Built: 1989 (refurbished in 2001)
- Open spaces, large flow of people at certain times
Offices and Test Labs – BUCAREST (ROMANIA)
- Area: 17.384 m2; Built: 1982
- Closed and distributed spaces, constant flow of people, scheduled occupancy
Commercial and Office Building – HELSINKI (FINLAND)
- Area: 38.190 m2; Built: 1999
- Open and distributed spaces, varied flow of people, scheduled occupancy
Hotel – LEVI-LAPLAND (FINLAND)
- Area: 42.500 m2; Built: 2010
- 3 distinct spaces, seasonal and high variable occupation.